THE WIDER PART of the Anonymous hacktivist group has again publicly denounced a proposal to attack the social networking web site Facebook.

The suggestion that the group would use its weight to attack the social network was first mooted in August, when the most well known Anonymous Twitter accounts distanced themselves from the idea. On the eve of the 5th November, when the attack was planned to take place, the same groups and their most notorious members have again tried to quash the rumours.

“We told you many times ddosing Facebook was a fake operation,” says a message posted today on the @Anonops account.

The attack did show some support at first, and the splinter group came forth with a strong message. “Facebook is the opposite of the Antisec cause. You are not safe from them nor from any government. One day you will look back on this and realise what we have done here is right, you will thank the rulers of the internet, we are not harming you but saving you,” it said.

“Think for a while and prepare for a day that will go down in history. November 5 2011, #opfacebook . Engaged. This is our world now. We exist without nationality, without religious bias. We have the right to not be surveilled, not be stalked, and not be used for profit. We have the right to not live as slaves.”

These messages have gone silent now, however, and the group has other problems to worry about, such as Opcartel and the ongoing physical protests that it supports across the globe.

Anonymousabu, who has come out in support of the more controversial Opcartel, dismissed the Facebook operation earlier this week. Although he supports a war with Mexican drugs cartels he suggested that the social network would not be an easy target, and technologically at least, should be left alone.

“Re: Facebook. Like I said the only way to be effective in dropping their network is if brave soul(s) decide to burn down their datacenters,” he said. µ

Rogue action is dismissed by wider group

By Dave Neal
Source : Exploit-id